Supercapacitor, also known as electrochemical capacitor, double layer capacitor, gold capacitor, Farad capacitor, is an electrochemical component developed from the 1970s and 1980s to store energy through polarized electrolyte. Above is the supercapacitor definition. It is different from the traditional chemical power supply. It is a kind of power supply with special performance between the traditional capacitor and battery, mainly relying on double layer and redox pseudocapacitor charge storage of electrical energy. However, there is no chemical reaction during the energy storage process, which is reversible and types of supercapacitors can be recharged and discharged hundreds of thousands of times.
Supercapacitors are characterized by:
(1) Supercapacitors have fast charging speed, charging 10 seconds to 10 minutes can reach more than 95% of its rated capacity.
(2) Long cycle life, deep charging and discharging cycle times up to 1 ~ 500,000 times, no "memory effect".
(3) High current discharge capacity, high energy conversion efficiency, small process losses, high current energy cycle efficiency ≥ 90%.
(4) High power density, up to 300W/KG~5000W/KG, equivalent to 5~10 times of the battery.
(5) There is no pollution in the composition of raw materials, production, use, storage and dismantling process, which is an ideal green power supply.
(6) Simple charging and discharging circuits, no need for rechargeable batteries, high safety factor, long-term use and maintenance-free.
(7) Good ultra-low temperature characteristics, wide temperature range -40℃～+70℃.
(8) Convenient detection, with direct readout of remaining charge.
(9) Capacities typically range from 0.1F to 1000F.
As a new product in capacitors, the advantages of supercapacitors are significantly outweigh the disadvantages.
The advantages of supercapacitors are:
Early conventional capacitors had smaller capacitance storage capacity and could only meet the needs of small load circuits, while supercapacitors have a capacity class up to the Faraday level and are suitable for more complex circuit operation.
Supercapacitors require less circuitry and do not require special charging and discharging control circuits, and the life of the capacitor is not affected by overcharging or overdischarging.
Soldering is not possible with conventional capacitors but can be done as required when installing supercapacitors, which prevents the occurrence of poor battery contact and improves the performance of capacitor components.
It is a green energy source that is less polluting to the environment than other conventional capacitors.
If you want to know more details about supercapacitor or purchase, you can send a email to email@example.com or dial at +86-18640666860.