When using ultra capacitor, if the voltage exceeds the rated voltage of the unit, the service life of the unit will be reduced. For high-reliability super capacitor, how to maintain the voltage within the required range is the main point. Charging voltage must be controlled to make sure that it can not exceed the rated voltage of each unit. Before you buy supercapacitor, here are some information that you need to know.
1. Super capacitor has a fixed polarity. Polarity should be confirmed before use.
2. Supercapacitor should be used under nominal voltage: when the capacitor voltage exceeds the nominal voltage, it will lead to electrolyte decomposition. At the same time, the capacitor will be heated, the capacity will be reduced, and the internal resistance will increase, the life will be reduced. In some cases, it will lead to the collapse of capacitor performance.
3. Succos can not be used in high-frequency charging and discharging circuits. Fast charging and discharging at high frequencies will cause internal heating, capacity attenuation, internal resistance increase, and in some cases, the performance of capacitors will fall.
4. Super caps lifetime: although different types of supercapacitor can have different lifetime. What we need to know is that external ambient temperature has an important impact on super caps lifetime. Capacitors should be as far away from heating sources as possible.
5. Voltage drop when supercapacitor is used as a backup power supply: Because ultra capacitor has considerable internal resistance, there is a voltage drop at the moment of discharge, V=IR.
6. Environmental gases in use: ultracapacitor should not be in places with a relative humidity greater than 85% of toxic gases, which will lead to corrosion of lead and capacitor shell and lead to circuit breakage.
7. Ultra capacitor storage: ultracapacitor can not be placed in high temperature and humidity environment, should be stored at - 30 + 50 C, relative humidity less than 60%, to avoid sudden temperature rise and drop, because this will lead to product damage.
8. Super capacitor in the use of double-sided circuit boards: When ultracap is used on double-sided circuit boards, attention should be paid to the place where the connection can not be touched by capacitors because the installation of Super capacitor/ultra capacitor will lead to short circuit phenomenon.
9. When the capacitor is welded on the circuit board, the shell of the capacitor should not be contacted on the circuit board. Otherwise, welding material will penetrate the perforation of the capacitor, which will affect the performance of the capacitor.
10. After installing super caps, the capacitor should not be forced to tilt or twist, which will lead to a loosening of the capacitor lead and deterioration of its performance.
11. Avoid overheating capacitors during welding: If overheating occurs during welding, the service life of capacitors will be decreased. For example, if printed circuit boards with a thickness of 1.6mm are used, the welding process should be 260 C and the welding time should not exceed 5S.
12. Cleaning after welding: After welding capacitors, circuit boards and capacitors need to be cleaned, because some impurities may lead to a short circuit of capacitors.
Above are some tips about using supercapacitors. KAIMEI provides you with professional super capacitors and services. If you want to find out ultra capacitor price information, please make inquires through our website.