The application of super capacitors is very wide, in various fields and in various environments, so this is a requirement for super capacitors, and various factors must be considered, so how to choose super capacitors? What problems should be paid attention to when installing super capacitors?
1. High temperature (temperature exceeds the maximum operating temperature);
2. Overcurrent (the current exceeds the rated ripple current), after the ripple current exceeds the rated value, the capacitor body will be overheated, the capacity will decrease, and the lifespan will be shortened;
3. Overvoltage (the voltage exceeds the rated voltage), when the voltage applied to the super capacitor is higher than the rated working voltage, the leakage current of the capacitor will increase, and its electrical and oxygen properties will deteriorate in a short time until it is damaged;
4. Apply reverse voltage or AC voltage. When the DC aluminum electrolytic capacitor is connected to the circuit according to the reverse polarity, the super capacitor will cause a short circuit of the electronic circuit, and the resulting current will cause damage to the super capacitor. If it is possible to apply a positive voltage to the negative lead in the circuit, use a non-polar capacitor;
5. When used in circuits with repeated rapid charging and discharging, such as rapid charging, its service life may be shortened due to a decrease in capacity and a sharp rise in temperature;
6. In the environment that is in direct contact with water, salt water, oil or dew, the environment full of harmful gases (sulfide, ammonia, etc.), direct sunlight, ozone, ultraviolet rays and radioactive substances, vibration and shock conditions It is forbidden to use super capacitors in harsh environments that exceed the scope specified in the samples and instructions;
7. When installing the super capacitor, leave space above the explosion-proof valve of the super capacitor, avoid wiring and install other components above the explosion-proof valve, and avoid installing heating elements around the capacitor and circuit board.
1. The used super capacitor can no longer be used, but can be removed as a periodic inspection to test the electrical performance;
2. If the super capacitor is charged, discharge it with a resistor of about 1kΩ before use;
3. If the super capacitor is stored under the conditions of over 35°C and humidity over 70%, its leakage current may increase, and the rated voltage can be applied through a resistance of about 1kΩ before use;
4. Confirm the rated capacity, voltage and polarity of the super capacitor before installation;
5. Do not use super capacitors dropped on the ground;
6. Do not use deformed super capacitors;
7. The distance between the positive and negative leads of the super capacitor should be consistent with the position of the welding hole on the PC board. If the super capacitor is forcibly inserted into the circuit board with mismatched hole spacing, there will be stress on the lead wire, which will cause the super capacitor to short-circuit or increase the leakage current;
8. Insert the super capacitor pins or solder pins into the PC board during installation until the bottom of the super capacitor is attached to the surface of the PC board;
9. Do not apply more than the specified mechanical pressure. When a pulling force is applied to the lead wire of the capacitor, the pulling force will act on the inside of the super capacitor, which will cause a short circuit inside the super capacitor, an open circuit or an increase in leakage current. Solder the super capacitor to the circuit board without shaking the super capacitor vigorously.
JINZHOU KAIMEI has quality supercapacitor for sale, you can send a email to email@example.com or dial at +86-18640666860 if interested.